Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winners for Sketch #14 from Jennifer Timko

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge! We were blown away by all the wonderful submissions this week! The Clean Team has chosen some talented Princesses for you this week and Jen has chosen her Queen!

The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:
Lesley's Choice: Jessie of My Creative Escape
I chose Jessie's card because I loved her clever interpretation of the sketch! The colours too were simply adorable and her colouring superb! Love the simple, understated snowflake and the sweet button done up with a bow! A clean and crisp creation! Congratulations Jessie on being a Perfect Princess this week!

Linda's Choice
Angie at Midnight Inking

I loved the bold graphic design of this card! The colors are terrific and the texture is fabulous! The balloons in the sentiment mirror the background design and the button with the baker's twine is a wonderful detail! I would love to receive such a delightful birthday card! Congratulations Angie for being my choice as Perfect Princess this week!


Lauri's Choice
Gayatri at Handmade by G3


Another tough week to choose! So many wonderful cards, but I love Gayatri's beautiful design! I also love her sense of humor that she squeezed her design into the card to make it a Freshly Squeezed card! The colors are unexpected and work well together, and her graphic rounded edge squares are a clever interpretation! Congratulations Gayatri for bring my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Rita's Choice:


Who doesn't LOVE Snoopy and Woodstock?! When I saw Jen's adorable card I was immediately whisked away to some of my favorite childhood memories. My brother and I both loved the Peanuts gang so much! Jen captured the fun spirit of these adorable characters with her card. I love the colors, texture, and clouds so much! Congratulations, Jen, on being my Perfect Princess for the week!

Tui's Choice:
Wow ... what a tough choice this week, there were so many fabulous creations that I really had a hard time making my selection .... but finally, I decided on this gorgeous creation by Tara, how could I not ... if I am a sucker for anything - it is a beautifully tied bow, and this bow Tara has executed perfectly - big, bold and beautiful, nothing else is needed for this card, just a simple and adorable tag for a Christmas greeting!
Congratulations Tara on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Christy Q's choice:
There were so many great cards this week to choose from but my eye kept going back to Kim's card. I just loved the crisp classical color combination of red, green and white that she used. The shimmer on Kim's focal image panel is just superb. What sealed the deal for me was that gorgeous green bow accented by a jewel festooned snowflake. Such a great way to add a bit of pop to a snowflake! Congratulations, Kim, on being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Cindy's Choice:
Libby of Libbystamps

I love snowmen, and this one is no exception! I think you'll agree that this is one very cute card. Libby's design choices, such as the light blue snowflake embossed paper, the silver glimmer paper and snowflake, the paper piecing of the scarf and hat on the snowman, and the tiny little flower with a pearl on the snowman's hat, make this a perfect wintery card. Congratulations, Libby! You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Jen M's Choice
Narelle Farrugia of Stampilicious
Narelle’s black and white wedding card is perfectly ritzy! All those well-defined layers draw your eye in to the embossed center and the lovely bride. The flocked designer paper adds some interesting texture and the big bow embellished with a rhinestone finishes this elegant card perfectly! Congratulations Narelle, on being A Perfect Princess this week!

And Our Queen of Clean this week:

Tracey of My Creative Side

I have to say that the cards this week exceeded all of my expectations with the sketch (and I had pretty high expectations!). Wow! As I kept going through the entries, I was drawn back to this card by Tracey. I love the shaker card aspect, that beautiful snowflake and those little jingle bells. The bold colors that she chose for the squares gave this such a traditional holiday feel. This card will truly be a gift to the lucky recipient! Congratulations Tracey on being the Queen of Clean this week!!

Congratulations to all of our winners!!  Join us here tomorrow morning as we reveal our final sketch for the year from Cindy Hall!  We know you will love it!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Gayatri said...

Congrats to all the winners. All your cards are gorgeous.Thank you Laurie :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, THANKS Cindy! This made my evening. I sure enjoy these sketches that y'all come up with!

And, yes, all of these are great submissions!

Angie said...

Thank you, Linda, for making me a Perfect Princess this week! I loved this challenge and I know you all hard a tough time choosing the top 9. There were so many great designs and I hope to CASE several of them soon. :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

Thank you, Tui! I've always wanted to be a princess ;) I had such a fun time playing with this challenge, and look forward to the new sketch tomorrow! I love seeing all the different cards people come up with from the same sketch inspiration.

Jessie Lubyk said...

Thank-you for choosing me to be a Perfect Princess this week. I am so happy that I found your challenge and I plan on stopping by very often. Happy Holidays to you all.....hugs

Kim S said...

Thank you so much!! I had great fun browsing all the cards in the gallery this week and getting great ideas! This next sketch looks fun too!

My Creative Side said...

Wow! What an honour!!! Thank you so much for making my day!! Queen of the week, wow!!! Can't wait to play again!!

Jen Nelson said...

I'm so honoured to be picked as a princess on my first challenge... I'm a little later entering this week as it's so crazy in the run up to Christmas

jen xx